Sunday 2 May 2010

Expression

The next stage of the process is to add in the characters eyelid and eyebrow movements. As I said before, this is very important in giving a soul to a character. It also lets the audience know what the character is feeling in a particular situation or moment. If the expression is correct, the audience will be able to realate to the way the character is feeling.

The movie below shows the brow and lid movements added in to the piece:




I am really happy with how this has turned out at this point. You get a much better idea of what the reactions of both characters are to eachother and the situation. We already had a good idea before with the characters body language but, in my opinion, there is nothing more effective in portraying emotions than the eyes of the character.

There are a few areas that may need to be exaggerated a bit more to add a little more emotion. I think the patient at the end of the scene, when he says "NO!" to the doctor, could look more aggressive. I will have a look and see if it looks any better because I think that the character would be in more of a state of shock rather than anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment