Sunday 2 May 2010

Lip Sync

I have been working on the lip sync for both characters and the movie below shows the result of that work:




As you can see, both characters have a bit more life now that they are actually talking. I am pretty happy with the way that the mouth movements look. However, I may make changes to add more expression after I add the expression in the eyes. The characters expression is one of the most important parts of giving the character a soul. It shows the audience that it is not just a puppet, but a real thinking, breathing person (even if they do look a bit odd at times).

I have also added the movement of the eyes at this stage. This is very important because there need to be eye contact between the 2 characters to show that they are interacting with eachother. I also thought that it would be very useful to do it before I animated the eyelids and eyebrows because you can see where the eyes are changing direction and therefore you can judge where blinks need to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment